6 Hour Class + 8 Hour Driving Instruction
6 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of private, behind-the-wheel instruction
Criteria for Participation:
- Participants may take classroom portion of the class if they are 18 years of age or older.
- All students must obtain a Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP) from the DMV before the first day of classroom instruction and bring it to class.
- Adults should read/become familiar with the DMV Handbook
The classroom portion of the instruction is 6 hours over 1 day. The content includes traffic laws and regulations, signs, traffic lights and markings, correct and safe driving procedures, emergencies, driving hazards including weather, alcohol, and drug abuse, motorcycle safety, interstate driving, and driving offenses.
A test will be administered that requires a passing score of at least 80%. Upon passing, students are scheduled in four two-hour blocks on different days. Students must ensure that they are at the agreed meeting location at the appointed time. No student will be given a certificate before meeting all course requirements. Before a student begins the driving portion, they must sign the commercial School Driving Permit (located on registration page).
Class fee covers all classroom and learning materials. No additional fees or expenses will be required for participation.
6 Hour Class Instruction Only
- $150 (Contact us for details about setting up)
Driving Instruction Only
- $400 (Contact us for details about setting up)
All 18 year Olds and above to take an approved driver education course consisting of 6 hours of classroom tutorial and 8 hours of behind the wheel training.
Students are required to bring a notebook and pen or pencil to class.
ALL CLASSES - Classes are usually held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. - Adults are expected to read and learn the DMV Handbook