30 Hour Class + 8 Hour Driving Instruction
30 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of private, behind-the-wheel instruction
Criteria for Participation:
- Participants may take classroom portion of the class as much as 90 days before turning 15. Enrolled students must be in 8th grade or above.
- Students must be at least 15 years of age to take behind-the-wheel instruction
- All students must obtain a Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP) from the DMV before the first day of classroom instruction and bring it to class.
The classroom portion of the instruction is 30 hours over 4 days and includes lectures on traffic laws and regulations, signs, traffic lights and markings, correct and safe driving procedures, emergencies, driving hazards including weather, alcohol, and drug abuse, motorcycle safety, interstate driving, and driving offenses.
A test will be administered on the last day of class that requires a passing score of at least 80%. After, the students will be trained in dual-brake training vehicles. Students are scheduled in four two-hour blocks on different days. Students must ensure that they are at the agreed meeting location at the appointed time. No student will be given a certificate before meeting all course requirements. Before a student begins the driving portion, a parent or guardian must sign the commercial School Driving Permit (located on registration page).
Class fee covers all classroom and learning materials. No additional fee or expense will be required for participation.
30 Hour Class Instruction Only
- $300 (Contact us for details about setting up)
Driving Instruction Only
- $400 (Contact us for details about setting up)
Louisiana law requires 15-, 16- and 17-year-olds to take an approved driver education course consisting of 30 hours of classroom tutorial and 8 hours of behind the wheel training.
Students are required to bring a notebook and pen or pencil to class.
ALL CLASSES - Parent Information meetings will be held a few days before class begins. Classes are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.